- Training network managers in best practices for ensuring networks produce action beyond conversation. In the last year we have done this for staff managing networks for foundations, think tanks and nonprofits in the U.S., U.K., Netherlands and beyond.
- Providing strategic guidance and developing pilot programs for existing networks to encourage new ways to drive action, build capacity of networks, and support advocacy. For example, the Chesapeake Bay Funders Network hired us to pilot a collaborative network campaign process. The pilot demonstrated how they could work together as a network to advance grassroots advocacy campaigns, sharing lists and producing much bigger impacts than they could on their own.
- Designing new networks. We are currently working with a U.S. foundation to build stronger connections and advocacy among Indigenous women working on violence against women and violence against earth, as well as cultural expression, language and historic trauma. We are starting with network analysis and are excited to see where this project leads -- and the impact that can come from more women bonding closer together.
- Producing new literature and guidance for network thinkers across philanthropy. This year we produced a field guide for network managers at one foundation, customized to the needs and questions shared with us from more than 30 staff managing grants supporting networks. This field guide also included an analysis of network giving at the 40 largest U.S. foundations and in-depth conversations with network thinkers at several of those foundations to better understand the policies and practices employed by network managers across philanthropy.
- Building networks: This marks the third year of Halt the Harm network, which works to expand and strengthen the base of leaders in the movement of people working to halt the harms caused by fracking. We currently offer eight services for these leaders to facilitate collaboration among them to solve problems, share ideas and inspire each other. Our latest campaign, Raising Resistance, is featuring the stories of leaders who have been targeted by industry intimidation and garnering a support network of people who are standing with them.
Thursday, September 1, 2016
As my kids share their “what I did this summer” stories, I didn’t want to be left out! So here’s a list of my top five favorite things Netcentric Campaigns did over the last few months.
We’ve been busy: